ULG Companies is hiring for Machinists in Lafayette, IN! Pay for this position starts at 18/hr.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Second: Monday – Friday: 3:00PM to 11:00PM
Overtime: Voluntary and Mandatory blend, Frequent
· Implement sequences of operations and machine setup requirements.
· Operate CNC gear machines, including setup, adjustments, operating numeric control and computer numeric controlled turning and machining centers.
· Could perform a variety of operations such as turning, boring, drilling, milling, reaming, taping, threading, etc. to produce close-tolerance parts.
· Setup, adjust, and operate a variety of gear hobbing, shaping, grinding, and sawing machines producing close tolerance gears, splines, and pinions.
· Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequences of operations, and setup requirements.
· Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers to perform precision machining operations.
· Calculate, set and monitor controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
· Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Maintain equipment by performing routine maintenance on equipment.
· familiar with and can operate controls from multiple manufactures.
· Add coolant and oil when needed.
· Keep chips off ways and jaws.
· Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
· Ability to understand and follow applicable company and regulatory safety and environmental procedures.
· Ability to understand and correctly utilize appropriate PPE equipment as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisors/Management.
Essential Function of the Job:
· Ability to use and read precision measuring tools.
· Understand gear tooth terminology.
· Proficient in use of calipers and mics.
· Ability to read blueprints and proficient in measuring dimensions on blueprints.
· Understand and study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and sample parts to specify and calculate dimensions and characteristics of finished product.
· Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
· Measure, examine, and test completed unit to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
· Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining.
· material handler
· quality assurance
For immediate consideration, contact a recruiter at 765-566-7170 .
ULG Companies cares about you!
We value our employees and are committed to offering meaningful employment in safe workplace conditions. We are honored by the thousands of employees who have placed their trust and confidence in our company.
At ULG Companies our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULG Companies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG Companies is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULG Companies is a drug free company. ULG Companies is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D